landscape lighting, the aim of this article is to give you some reasons to seriously consider the use of outdoor solar lights. The latest generation of solar powered lights are naturally suited to almost every application and the variety of choices just keeps growing.
There are three main factors to thank for this:
(1) advances in battery technology,
(2) the rapid and continual technological advancements in solar panels (also known as photovoltaic cells), and
(3) next generation LED lighting, tuinverlichting led which makes low-power consumption exterior lighting increasingly more available.
How does Solar Landscape Lighting Work?
Outdoor solar lighting works by storing electricity in one of two ways:
(1) excess electricity is sent back to the main electrical power grid, or
(2) electricity is stored locally in batteries.
Outdoor solar lights have three main components:
(1) the collection and conversion of sunlight into energy,
(2) the storage of electricity, and
(3) the expenditure of electricity.
In order to convert the sunlight into energy, one or more solar panels (photovoltaic modules) need to be installed. These panels convert daylight in direct current (DC) energy. The direct current is subsequently transferred to a storage component through an electrical cable.
The storage component then has two options:
(1) pass the electricity on to whatever unit needs power, or
(2) store the electricity in the main power electrical grid.
Here it’s important to note that most outdoor lighting systems require a DC current, whereas most indoor electrical appliances require AC (alternating current). Even more, all batteries and outdoor LED lighting require a DC current (most commonly 12v low voltage).
So, at this point, you need to decide whether to leave the current as DC or convert it into AC through the use of an inverter. But it doesn’t have to be one or the other. You can use dedicated solar panels for particular applications. In other words, one panel can be dedicated for AC, another for DC, and so on.
Whichever storage option you choose will dictate the end usage.
Reasons to Install Solar Lights
Solar power intrinsically lends itself to outdoor lighting. There are three main reasons for this:
(1) New generation solar LED garden lights require very little power and usually are low voltage (12 volts or less).
(2) It’s the ideal, pollution less, free power cycle. When lighting is not required during the day, the batteries are fully charged by the sun. This stored energy is then used to power the lights at night.