Food and beverage service refers to the provision of food prepared in the kitchen , and drinks made in the bar for the patrons (guests) on the establishments for food and drinks that could include bars, restaurants hotels airlines, cruise ships trains, corporations as well as colleges, schools and prisons, hospitals and takeaway restaurants, among others produtos naturais
Food and beverage establishments are classified into these categories
1. Restaurants: Restaurants can be described as locations that serve Food & Drink is served.
There are a variety of restaurants:
All Day All Day Dining Restaurants These are often known as Café Shops or Cafes within Hotels. They typically are huge in size , with a large number of Covers (seats) in comparison to other Restaurants within the same hotel. The primary reason they are referred to as all day dining restaurants is due to the hours they are open since they are open for breakfast from the morning to lunch in the afternoon , and Dinner in the evening.
Fine Dining Restaurants Fine Dining Restaurants are distinguished by their extensive and exclusive menus with a particular attention to the extremely top quality food that they serve. The focus is in fresh, natural ingredients flavours or on the kind of Cuisine that is served or both. The typical operations of the restaurant revolve around the Chef de Cuisine or Head Chef de Cuisine of this Outlet. psyllium
Specialty Restaurants They are restaurants that generally have a particular National (or Regional) Character, or Cuisine that is attached to them, like: Italian Specialty Restaurant, Chinese Specialty Restaurant, etc. In some hotels, they sometimes also offer Multi Cuisine Specialty Restaurants, which is a literal translation of the word “multi cuisine” meaning that the restaurant serves food that originates from multiple countries or that the food items included on the menu of the restaurant are Specialties that come from a variety of countries.
2. Lounge: Lounges can be found in different hotels. Their primary function is to provide food and drinks in a relaxed setting with comfortable and comfy seating and a relaxing atmosphere. There are a variety of Lounges that range from the Lounge in the Lobby or the Cocktail Lounge or Cigar Lounge and even an Executive as well as Club Lounge with special floors.
3. Bar A bar is a location that serves drinks. The bar usually has a smaller menu of snacks too. It is speedy and swift. There are a variety of Bars including formal bar to club Bars Pubs, Pool Bars, Wine Bars and Bars for Cocktails, Bars, Beach Bar to Juice Bars and more.
4. Discotheque/Nightclub: They are outlets where Music and Entertainment takes priority with the Food & Drink. The process is extremely fast and the number of guests is huge. Security is a major factor during these events. Music and entertainment be anything from DJs to live bands.
5.Room Service/In Room Dining Room Service is also referred to in the same way as Room Dining.It is the process of serving Food & Drink in Guest rooms of a Hotel or Resort. Based upon the dimensions and the type of the Hotel or Resort, its purposes differ.
6. Conference and Meeting Rooms: Meeting rooms and Conference Rooms The Conference and Meeting Rooms: Conference rooms, along with Ball Rooms fall under the Banquets & Conference section. They are an excellent source of revenue in the Food & Beverage Department usually in Corporate and City Hotels. MICE (Meetings, Incentives, and Exhibitions and Conferences) can generate a significant amount of profits in certain hotels compared to other venues within the Hotel.
7. Ball Rooms Ball Rooms: These are huge Function Rooms that are mostly used for weddings and functions. The ratio of staffing for Full-time staff in this area is smaller since weddings and functions are typically held in these rooms. Business could be seasonal and additional staff are usually filled with casual staff. It is the Section can be the largest and most active Section in Food & Beverage with the Conference Section being much more physical and more creatively directed.
8. Delicatessen: Delicatessen or Deli was traditionally an area where fresh meats and other products were readily available. Hotels today make use of this idea of having the Deli in their establishments and where guests can purchase fresh food items that range from Freshly Baked Bread, Cold Meat and fresh Salads and Cakes, chia. Home Made Ice creams and refreshing as well as healthy beverages.